TOEFL apps can really help you improve your TOEFL score.
In this article, I’m going to share the best free TOEFL apps.
Download these apps. Get the score you want. You deserve it.
The overall best free app to download is Magoosh Free TOEFL App. They actually have two apps.
And here is a quick review:
- Excellent lesson introductions for the entire TOEFL test
- Overview of the TOEFL
- Format of the TOEFL
- Includes reading
- Includes the listening section. Here’s How To Improve TOEFL Listening.
- Speaking section included
- Tips on how to study for the TOEFL
- Can access videos for specific details about a section
- Many of the videos are only for the paid version
- Some things within the app you have to pay for
For vocabulary, I recommend two apps.
The first one is the Magoosh App For TOEFL Vocabulary.
Here are some of the pros:
- 204 words (51 are easy, 51 are moderate, 51 are hard and 51 are really hard)
- Simple layout
- Extremely easy to use
The second one I really like for vocabulary is the TOEFL IBT Preparation. Here’s why it’s so good:
- Includes one thousand words
- Exercises include essential words, multiple choice tests, and word choice tests
- You can break each of words down into separate categories (astronomy, biology, etc)
- Great for building your vocabulary
- Helps to develop reading comprehension
After taking Paul’s TOEFL Speaking Evaluation, I knew the exact reasons why I wasn’ t getting 26 on TOEFL Speaking.”
After just a brief 30 minute evaluation, Homeira knew exactly what to do to improve her score from 24 to 26.
Definitely, Paul knows what he is doing and how to help people to get 26+ in speaking.”
- The exact reasons you are not getting 26 or more on TOEFL Speaking;
- The top 3 specific weaknesses you must fix before you can take TOEFL again;
- You will understand what TOEFL examiners expect from YOUR response;
- A customized recommendation for follow-up study based on your situation;
There is one really good free app for the speaking section and that’s called the Magoosh TOEFL Speaking & English Learning.
This app is extremely organized and very easy to use.
It has a very simple layout and there are 3 modes; there’s test mode, practice mode, and review mode.
Here is a brief description of each mode:
- Test mode
- It leads you to an entire TOEFL speaking test
- You can’t hop from question to question
- There are 10 tests total on the app
- Practice mode
- You can skip around in the test
- You can start with question 1 and skip to question 3 or to question 5
- There are 10 tests
- Review mode
- Review the previous answers you’ve given in test and practice modes
- Evaluate and analyze how you need to improve your responses going forward
Want more helpful resources for TOEFL Speaking?
For grammar, I recommend the TOEFL Grammar Test Pro.
Here are the pros.
- Simple layout
- Great for getting extra practice to develop your TOEFL grammar
- Focus in on grammar weak points